Friday, May 23, 2008

Moving

The ever ending roller coaster of emotions of moving to India trundles on.

Update - BMD#1 (11 yr old) has jumped from 9th to 4th on the waiting list for AISC! How did that happen?


So The Mad Dogs live in hope of maybe, just maybe walking into AISC on the 4th August and delivering 2 of our kids for lessons. Fingers & toes crossed.


Today we close some doors. The girls leave their school, Gus goes to doggy borstal, last swimming lesson the youngest Baby Mad Dog (teacher has taught her since she was 3 months old).


Suddenly I'm nervous and apprehensive. If one had been asked back in October could I move to India, do the move on my own with 3 kids and a dog, without the guarantee of International schooling, you can guess what my answer would have been. No way! But here I am in May living it.


So my coping mechanism is 'Best of British', in a nutshell, stiff upper lip, "Oh it's fine" during the day. I keep thinking of those old Colonial gals trundling out to India as the trailing spouse, accompanying their Colonel Mustard's and Major-General Farquahars during the days of the British Empire and ponder did they do the same as me? Turn out the light at night and swear profusely to themselves. I bet they bloody did!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Surprisingly, not much has changed in India since the Colonial days. You, however, have already made friends here. You'll be fine.

Contact us at